August 13, 2012

Getting Addicted to Merci's Napoleones

Some have heard it but some have not. So what is Napoleones?
Napoleones is a square layered puff pastry filled with custard cream and topped with white sugar glaze. 

When it comes to Napoleones, the first thing that would cross my mind is Roli's Napoleones. It's a famous pastry shop in Bacolod City that is well known for their best tasting Napoleones. Every time my family and I would go to Bacolod, we would drop by at Roli's to have some of their napoleones as pasalubong. Lately, I find Roli's napoleones too sweet for me so I tried looking at other pasalubong or pastry shops if they were selling Napoleones. Luckily, I passed by a food stall and saw that they were selling Napoleones at a discounted price! I bought some and was surprised at how tasty and yummy it is. Now, I'm inlove with Merci's Napoleones!

A box of Napoleones contains 12 pieces which can be bought for 130 php.

Look at that mouth watering sugar glaze on top!

Bacolod's version of the French pastry "thousand leaves".


REVIEW:
What I like with Merci's Napoleones is it's not too sweet. The sugar glaze and the creamy custard filling compliments each other. The puff pastry is chewy and soft in consistency. The cool soft filling together with the sugar glaze melting in my mouth is heavenly. It has the right amount of sweetness that keeps you eating for more.


MERCI
Merci Bakeshop Compound
Hervias Village II
Bacolod City
Philippines, 6100


For more information, visit their official website @ http://www.merci.com.ph/
Check out other Merci's pasalubong treats here @ Merci Pasalubong Treats


No comments:

Post a Comment